When Jesus chose only men among the Twelve, he did NOT establish a permanent norm to exclude women from ordained ministries
When Jesus chose only men among the Twelve,
he did NOT establish a permanent norm
to exclude women from ordained ministries
select readings from our site
- ‘The Scriptural Argument in Ordinatio Sacerdotalis’, R. Bieringer, Bijdragen 62 (2001) pp. 129 – 142;
- “The twelve apostles were men – -”, I. Raming, Orientierung 56 (1992) pp. 143-146.
- ‘Did Christ conform to social myth?’, J. Wijngaards, DCROWP 1986, pp. 36-46.
- ‘The Ministry of Women according to the New Testament’, E. M. Tetlow, WMNT 1980, ch. 3.
- ‘The Role of Women According to Jesus and the Early Church’, R. J. Karris, WPFD 1978, pp. 47-57.
- ‘The Biblical Evidence’, Ch. Evans, YWP 1978, pp. 16-29.
- ‘The Twelve’, E. Schüssler Fiorenza, WP 1977, pp. 114-121.
- ‘Did Jesus Exclude Women from Priesthood?’, S. M. Schneiders, WP 1977, pp.227-233.
- ‘Pro and Con: The Ordination of Women in the New Testament’, R. H. Fuller, TNTO 1976, pp. 1-11.
- ‘Christ, Revelation, and the Ordination of Women’, A. A. Vogel, TNTO 1976, pp. 42-51.
- ‘The Authority of Scripture’, P. Lakeland, CWBP 1975, pp. 31-46.
- ‘Women and Ministry’, E. Carroll, Theological Studies 36 (1975) pp. 660 – 687.
- ‘Holy Scripture’, H. van der Meer, WPCC 1973, pp. 10-45.
The Institute is known for issuing academic reports and statements on relevant issues in the Church. These have included scholars’ declarations on the need of collegiality in the exercise of church authority, on the ethics of using contraceptives in marriage and the urgency of re-instating the sacramental diaconate of women.
Visit also our websites:Women Deacons, The Body is Sacred and Mystery and Beyond.
You are welcome to use our material. However: maintaining this site costs money. We are a Charity and work mainly with volunteers, but we find it difficult to pay our overheads.
Visitors to our website since January 2014.
Pop-up names are online now.
The number is indicative, but incomplete. For full details click on cross icon at bottom right.
Join our Women Priests’ Mailing List
for occasional newsletters:
An email will be immediately sent to you
requesting your confirmation.
Please, credit this document
as published by www.womenpriests.org!