- Writer and lecturer on Mythology.
- Studied philosophy at St. Andrews University and Literature at Cambridge.
- Supervisor in Tragedy for Trinity College, Cambridge for some years.
- Member of the International Association of Analytical Psychology.
- Co-author of "The Myth of the Goddess; Evolution of an Image" (Penguin Arkana 1991).
- Author of two books for children: "The Myth of Isis and Osiris" and "Theseus and the Minotaur" (Barefoot Books, London and Bristol).
- Translator of The Homeric Hymns (Penguin Classics forthcoming)
- Author of "The Myth of the Moon: Image of Transformation" (Weidenfeld and Nicholson forthcoming).
|Body, Sex & Gender Section Survey|
|The Myth of the Fall|
|Eve in Christian tradition|
|Women in Church law|
|Male & Female bodies|
|Violence against women|
|Want to support our campaign for women priests?|
This website is maintained by the Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research.
The Institute is known for issuing academic reports and statements on relevant issues in the Church. These have included scholars' declarations on the need of collegiality in the exercise of church authority, on the ethics of using contraceptives in marriage and the urgency of re-instating the sacramental diaconate of women.
You are welcome to use our material. However: maintaining this site costs money. We are a Charity and work mainly with volunteers, but we find it difficult to pay our overheads.
Visitors to our website since January 2014.
Pop-up names are online now.
The number is indicative, but incomplete. For full details click on cross icon at bottom right.