Self Test to probe your priestly vocation
Self Test to probe your priestly
These are just some questions to reflect on. Notice how they apply
equally to women and to men.
- Do you feel God tugging at you at times? Do you consider your
personal relationship with God as an important and vital part of life?
- Does your relationship with God sustain you, enliven you, invigorate
you in such a way that you want to share the Good News with others?
- Do you dare to talk to others about your faith and experience of God
in your life?
- Are you thinking of how you could make an everlasting difference in
- Do you find your voluntary ministry in the parish more life-giving
and energising than your work or your study?
- Do you long for "MORE"? To give more or be more?
- Do you feel you would be willing to make sacrifices for the service
of God's people?
- Do you enjoy healthy and positive relationships with men and
- Do you possess a good physical, mental, and emotional health?
- Do you have a sense of humour?
- Do you catch yourself imagining what it would mean to be a
- Have you experienced encouragement from others to consider the
- Do you hide theological/spiritual literature under your bed or away
in your cupboard?
- Do you have a sneaking suspicion that you are on the brink of a major
- Are you making excuses to yourself for not pursuing a vocation to
- Are you afraid to tell friends and family that you are thinking about
a priestly vocation?
There are four traditional signs by which we can
judge whether our vocation to the priesthood is genuine or not.
Join our Women Priests' Mailing List
for occasional newsletters:
An email will be immediately sent to you
requesting your confirmation.
Please, credit this document
as published by www.womenpriests.org!