Towards a New Theology of Ordination: Essays on the Ordination of Women
Edited by Marianne H. Micks and Charles P.Price, Virginia Theological Seminary,
Greeno, Hadden &Company Ltd. Somerville, Mass., 1976
Foreword - John M.Krumm Introduction - Marianne H. Micks and Charles P.Price
1. Pro and Con: The Ordination of Women in the New Testament Reginald H.Fuller 1 2. The Authority of the Ministry Frederick H.Borsch 12
An Historical Study
3. Women in the Early Church: A Problem of Perspective Lloyd G.Patterson 23
4. Christ, Revelation, and the Ordination of Women Arthur A.Vogel 42 5. Women, the Priesthood and Catholicism Urban T.Holmes 52 6. Ordination of Women to the Priesthood: Test Case for Anglican Authority James E.Griffiss 61 7. Patriarchy and the Ordination of Women Ruth Tiffany Barnhouse 71
An Ecumenical Position
8. Ordination of Women? - An Ecumenical Meditation and A Discussion Frans Jozef Van Beeck 90
The Canonical Situation
9. The Existing Canonical Authority for Women's Ordination Henry H.Rightor 101
Support our campaign Sitemap Contemporary theologians Join Campaign activities Go back to home page
This website is maintained by the Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research.
Dear visitor, you are welcome to use our material. However: building up and maintaining this site costs money. We are a Charity and work mainly with volunteers, but find it difficult to pay our overheads. Please, become a Friend or support us with a donation. Also, as some of you recommended to us, we are exploring how to generate income by advertising. Please, support us in this effort and send us your suggestions.
Visit our new websites:
Join our Women Priests' Mailing List
for occasional newsletters:An email will be immediately sent to you
requesting your confirmation.