Towards a New Theology of Ordination: Essays on the Ordination of Women
Edited by Marianne H. Micks and Charles P.Price, Virginia Theological Seminary,
Greeno, Hadden &Company Ltd. Somerville, Mass., 1976
Foreword - John M.Krumm Introduction - Marianne H. Micks and Charles P.Price
1. Pro and Con: The Ordination of Women in the New Testament Reginald H.Fuller 1 2. The Authority of the Ministry Frederick H.Borsch 12
An Historical Study
3. Women in the Early Church: A Problem of Perspective Lloyd G.Patterson 23
4. Christ, Revelation, and the Ordination of Women Arthur A.Vogel 42 5. Women, the Priesthood and Catholicism Urban T.Holmes 52 6. Ordination of Women to the Priesthood: Test Case for Anglican Authority James E.Griffiss 61 7. Patriarchy and the Ordination of Women Ruth Tiffany Barnhouse 71
An Ecumenical Position
8. Ordination of Women? - An Ecumenical Meditation and A Discussion Frans Jozef Van Beeck 90
The Canonical Situation
9. The Existing Canonical Authority for Women's Ordination Henry H.Rightor 101
Support our campaign Sitemap Contemporary theologians Join Campaign activities Go back to home page
This website is maintained by the John Wijngaards Catholic Research Centre.
Our emblem - based on a 14th century illustration - shows Sophia, "Wisdom", in action. She was known to have been God's designer who danced at creation (Proverbs 8,12-31). In the image she is teaching geometry to medieval scholars.
We chose this for our emblem because it shows both respect for exact science and a recognition that the Spirit of God is at the root of all human research.
Join our Women Priests' Mailing List
for occasional newsletters:An email will be immediately sent to you
requesting your confirmation.