The Ordination of Women in the
Unmasking a Cuckoos Egg
by John Wijngaards
Darton, Longman & Todd, London 2001, ISBN
0-232-52420-3. 204 pages, £ 10.95.
Also published by Continuum
International Publishing, New York.
Table of Contents
Part I: Setting the Scene
1. The Discovery
2. Papal Teaching on Slavery
3. A Time for Speaking
4. The Focus of this Book
Part II: Claim and Counter-claim
5. The Mismatch in Vision
6. The Assessment of Believers
7. Naming the Culprit
Part III: Cross-examining the Evidence
8. The Arguments Found in 'Tradition
9. Not Created in God's Image?
10. Not Allowed to Teach?
11. Carrying the Burden of Eve's Sin?
12. Deliberately Left Out by Jesus Christ?
13. Not Human Enough to Represent Christ?
14. Not Man Enough to Represent the Groom?
15. Verdict on the Presumed 'Tradition' 122
Part IV: Picking Up the Pieces
16. Genuine Tradition
17. Nine Centuries of Women Deacons
18. The Reality of Women Deacons
19. The Devotion to Mary as Priest
20. Women with a Priestly Vocation
21. Unmasking the Intruder
22. The Way Forward
Appendix: Sources of Official Texts
|Women Deacons||Support our campaign||Sitemap||Contemporary theologians||Join Campaign activities||Go back to home page|
This website is maintained by the Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research.
Dear visitor, you are welcome to use our material. However: building up and maintaining this site costs money. We are a Charity and work mainly with volunteers, but find it difficult to pay our overheads. Please, become a Friend or support us with a donation. Also, as some of you recommended to us, we are exploring how to generate income by advertising. Please, support us in this effort and send us your suggestions.
Visit our new websites: