BREAKING SILENCE, BREAKING BREAD Christ Calls Women to Lead
Womens Ordination Worldwide (WOW)
Click here for WOW 2005
Second International Ecumenical Conference
July 22 to July 24, 2005 Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada
We are honoured and happy to be welcoming as a key speaker Elisabeth Schüssler Fiorenza renowned Professor of New Testament and Theology (Harvard University) and author of many feminist works including In Memory of Her and Discipleship of Equals.
Click here for WOW 2005 website!
Just a 10 -15 minute ride by car from the Ottawa International Airport and about the same from the bus and train terminals, the campus of Carleton University is located at the picturesque confluence of the Rideau Canal and the Rideau River. It provides a very attractive locale for WOWs second international meeting. Carleton is proud of its reputation for accommodating those who have mobility problems. Details about on-campus accommodation (rooms & meals) during the conference will be forthcoming in our second announcement due out July 2004.
Conference fee - To be specified in our second announcement due out July 2004.
As the vision of WOW is all encompassing to include all Christian denominations in every part of the globe, membership of WOW is open to all groups which work for the overall goals of WOW.
Aims & Objectives:
The aims of WOW, as stated in its inaugural (1996) constitution, are:
- To bring together different national organizations working towards the ordination of women in all Christian Churches and to leadership positions.
- To support women's equality in religions.
- To free the churches from the sin of sexism and heal divisions between men and women, clergy and laity.
- To foster the awareness and the development of vocations in women to renewed ordained ministry.
- To coordinate, advise and represent the women's ordination movement worldwide.
- To facilitate, through regular international conferences, a public, global forum to raise awareness about the issue of women's ordination within the Roman Catholic Church and to facilitate broad based discussion.
- It is hoped that those whose proposals are chosen for the conference will be in some way reimbursed, e.g., by a reduction in their conference fee.
- About entering Canada: You are advised to check requirements with authorities in your country well in advance of the date of the conference.
This website is maintained by the Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research.
Dear visitor, you are welcome to use our material. However: building up and maintaining this site costs money. We are a Charity and work mainly with volunteers, but find it difficult to pay our overheads. Please, become a Friend or support us with a donation. Also, as some of you recommended to us, we are exploring how to generate income by advertising. Please, support us in this effort and send us your suggestions.
Visit our new websites: