Samples of theology from Australia on our website:
- The Archive of papers by Marie Louise Uhr, co-founder (1993) of the OCW group (Ordination of Catholic Women) which is sadly no longer operating.
- Damien Casey, ‘The Fractio Panis and the Eucharist as Eschatological banquet’, Mcauley Electronic Journal 2 (2002).
- Marie Louise Uhr, ‘Women’s Ordination: Barriers and Boundaries’, WomenChurch 28 (2001) pp. 11-16.
- Kim Power, “Of godly men and medicine: ancient biology and the Christian Fathers on the nature of woman”. Keynote paper at the “Ordination of Catholic Women” Conference, Melbourne 1997; published in Women-church.
and many, many more — see here!
Catholic organizations specifically dedicated to promoting the ordination of women:
- Women of the New Covenant
Mainly based on Melbourne.
Reform movements that promote the ordination of women as one of their objectives:
Other Churches that are open to women priests:
|Supply us with more data!||Please, support our campaign
for women priests!.
This website is maintained by the Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research.
The Institute is known for issuing academic reports and statements on relevant issues in the Church. These have included scholars’ declarations on the need of collegiality in the exercise of church authority, on the ethics of using contraceptives in marriage and the urgency of re-instating the sacramental diaconate of women.
You are welcome to use our material. However: maintaining this site costs money. We are a Charity and work mainly with volunteers, but we find it difficult to pay our overheads.
Visitors to our website since January 2014.
Pop-up names are online now.
The number is indicative, but incomplete. For full details click on cross icon at bottom right.