Mary of Magdala
Let yourself be inspired by what medieval Christian artists saw in this wonderful companion of Jesus Christ.
- Day One. A woman with Spirit
- Day Two. Talking to church authorities
- Day Three. Inspired Leadership
- Day Four. Active even in exile
- Day Five. Nourished by Jesus’ Word
- Day Six. Commissioned by the Risen Lord
- Day Seven. Witness of the Resurrection
- Day Eight. ‘In Remembrance of Her’
- Day Nine. A shameful waste of talent
- Day Ten. Arguments
- Day Eleven. ‘You are the light of the world’
- Day Twelve. Women with a Mission
- Day Thirteen. ‘Make your home in me’
- Day Fourteen. ‘What kind of woman do I want to be?’
- Day Fifteen. ‘You shall do the same works that I do’
Meditations by Sr. Theresia Saers
Visit our “honour” page to see a tribute to Theresia.
This website is maintained by the Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research.
The Institute is known for issuing academic reports and statements on relevant issues in the Church. These have included scholars’ declarations on the need of collegiality in the exercise of church authority, on the ethics of using contraceptives in marriage and the urgency of re-instating the sacramental diaconate of women.
You are welcome to use our material. However: maintaining this site costs money. We are a Charity and work mainly with volunteers, but we find it difficult to pay our overheads.
Visitors to our website since January 2014.
Pop-up names are online now.
The number is indicative, but incomplete. For full details click on cross icon at bottom right.