Become a member of
international campaign we conduct
We call our network
abbreviated as W.O.M.E.N
Membership is open to men as well as women, to persons belonging to any country worldwide, to members of any church or denomination.
The main aims of W.O.M.E.N are:
- To build up, extend, improve, strengthen, publicise and support in
any way possible the www.womenpriests.org website which is
the main tool of our international campaign for the ordination of women as
- To propagate awareness of the women’s ordination cause in
one’s own country, church and social environment. finding strength in
each other's experiences and insights.
- To mutually support other members in their journey to achieving our
goals,finding strength in each other's experiences and insights. Members will
have access to special resources which will help them hone their skills and
reach out to the wider community.
Requirements for membership:
- Registration as a member on www.womenpriests.org
- Annual membership fee of US $ 12 or its equivalent in other currencies [eg. £ 10, Euro 10, etc.].
- Undertaking voluntary tasks for www.womenpriests.org, if at all possible, in research, html editing, internet linking, etc. according to one’s available time and talents.
- Privileged access to a key members of our editorial board.
- Privileged information about the running of our website, its financial situation, website statistics, projects in hand, future planning, feedback about the impact we are making.
We are still building up the members' section of our www.womenpriests.org, but you can already join. Annual membership fee is $ 12 or its equivalent [£ 10, Euro 10, etc.]
This website is maintained by the Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research.
The Institute is known for issuing academic reports and statements on relevant issues in the Church. These have included scholars' declarations on the need of collegiality in the exercise of church authority, on the ethics of using contraceptives in marriage and the urgency of re-instating the sacramental diaconate of women.
You are welcome to use our material. However: maintaining this site costs money. We are a Charity and work mainly with volunteers, but we find it difficult to pay our overheads.
Visitors to our website since January 2017.
Pop-up names are online now.
The number is indicative, but incomplete. For full details click on cross icon at bottom right.