Overview of Documents on Theology on our Website
* Eric Doyle’s Contribution to the Debate. By Brenda Abbott
* Feminist Liberation Theology by Denise Ackermann
* Women in the Time of the Church Fathers. By Ruth Albrecht
* On not Looking like Christ … by Dr Marcella M Althaus-Reid
* The female sex cannot signify pre-eminence -Joannes Andreae
* St. Thomas Aquinas (1224 – 1274 AD)/arguments on women
* St. Thomas Aquinas (1224 – 1274 AD)/overview of documents
* Thomas Aquinas and Woman’s lower status
* Thomas Aquinas on the Ordination of Women
* The Priest as Sacramental Sign of Christ. By Thomas Aquinas
* Thomas Aquinas on the Generation (birth) of Women
* Circumcision and Menstrual Taboo in Post-Exilic Judaism. By Leonie Archer
* Women Priests? by Jean-Marie Aubert
* Rolandus Bandinelli, 1148 AD in Stromata
* The Influence of St Jerome on Medieval Attitudes to Women. By Jane Barr.
* Guido de Baysio, writings between 1296 and 1300 AD on Women
* Tina Beattie. Short bibliography (1995-1999)
* St Robert Bellarmine (1542 – 1621 AD)
* Woman, not man, was seduced (Bellarmine)
* On the specific punishment of women (Bellarmine)
* Woman is the Passive Cause of Generation (Bellarmine)
* Woman contributes only matter in Generation (Bellarmine)
* Woman is necessary for generation (Bellarmine)
* Woman is subject to man (Bellarmine)
* Women cannot be Priests (Bellarmine)
* The Case of GALILEO GALILEI (Bellarmine)
* St. Bonaventure (1217-1274 AD)
* Woman in the Church by Louis Bouyer-appendix
* Woman in the Church by Louis Bouyer- contents
* Woman in the church- Epilogue (by von Balthasar)
* Woman in the Church-conclusion. By Louis Bouyer.
* A Female Priesthood? Ch.1 by Louis Bouyer
* God and Woman. Ch.2 by Louis Bouyer
* Woman in Creation and Salvation. Ch.3 by Louis Bouyer
* Complementary Vocations of Men and Women. Ch.4 by Louis Bouyer
* Traditional Feminine Ministries. Ch.5 by Louis Bouyer
* Jesus of Nazareth, Christ the Liberator by Carlos Bravo
* The Feminist Redemption of Christ by Rita Brock
* The Holy Spirit as Feminine in Early Syriac Literature by Sebastian Brock.
* Quaestio disputata: “in persona Christi” by Sara Butler
* Commentarium in Decretales Gregorii IX by Antonius de Butrio. (1338 – 1408)
* Women and Ministry by Elizabeth Carroll
* The “Fractio Panis” and the Eucharist as Eschatological Banquet by Damien Casey.
* Issue of Women’s Ordination in the Roman Catholic Church, by Janette Cranshaw
* A “Pauline” Defense of Women’s Right to Baptize? by Stephen Davis
* The General Problem by C. Davis
* The Change in Man’s Self-Understanding by C. Davis
* From Hierarchical Orders To Free Organizations by C. Davis
* The Histotical Approach to Truth and Faith by C. Davis
* The Christian Church and the Wider Society by C. Davis
* The religious roots of inequality between men and women, by Gérard Delteil
* Woman Priests – Book of Honour. Fr Eric Doyle OFM
* Women’s Ordination, State of the Question in the RC Church. By Eric Doyle
* Traditio perpetuo servata? The Non-ordination of Women. By Eric Doyle.
* Ordination of Women in the Roman Catholic Church. By Eric Doyle
* Question of Women Priests and the argument in Persona Christi by Eric Doyle
* God and the Feminine by Eric Doyle
* Whether a woman or a child can be ordained? Durandus 1270-
* Why women cannot be ordained priests. Durandus 1270 – 1334 AD
* The Crucified People. By Ignacio Ellacuria
* Women Ministers in the Catholic Church ? By René van Eyden
* The Creation of Womanhood: A Hierarchical Construction By René van Eyden
* Women in Priestly Ministry. By René van Eyden
* The Status of Woman in the Thought of Karl Barth by Paul S. Fiddes
* Publications by Richard Gaillardetz Ph.D.
* Jesus from an Ecofeminist Perspective by E. Gebara
* Episcopal Conferences: Theological Bases by Cardinal George
* Balthazar and Contemporary Feminist Theology by Michelle Gonzales
* Construction of Women’s Difference in the Theological Tradition by Elisabeth Gössmann.
* Feminist Christology: The Problem Stated by Jacquelyn Grant
* The Law Book of Gratian (references to women)
* Review of: A Theology of Women’s Priesthood by Dr. Ali Green
* Reclaiming women’s part in redeeming by Mary Grey
* The Ordination of Women – Seeking a New Approach by M.Grey
* Should Women be Ordained? By Adrian Hastings
* The reform of Ministry, by Adrian Hastings
* The “male” in feminist theology by Susanne Heine
* Why women cannot be ordained priests. Cardinalis Hostiensis
* Huguccio (on women) 1188 AD
* Inter Insigniores (1976)
* Only a male priest can signify Christ at the Eucharist Inter Insigniores.
* In the symbolism of salvation Christ is the Bridegroom and … Inter Insigniores
* The priest’s action ‘in the person of the Church’ is less ….Inter Insigniores
* Human rights, such as equal rights for women, do not apply … Inter Insigniores
* Women who believe they have a priestly vocation not guided … Inter Insigniores
* Basic Linguistic Options: God, Women, Equivalence by E. Johnson
* Sensus Fidelium – An Introduction by Colette Joyce
* Feminist Exegesis of the Old Testament: Some Critical Reflections by Paul Joyce
* …Women in the theological anthropoloqy of the Early Fathers. by Marie Henry Keane.
* The First Blast of the Trumpet by John Knox 1558 (anti women)
* Theological Questions on the Ordination of Women 1976. By Joseph Komonchak
* Christology. Introducing Asian Feminist Theology. By Kwok Pui-Lan
* Orthodox Women Speak by Kiriaki Karidoyanes FitzGerald (book review)
* The Influence of ‘The Hammer of Witches’ (1486 AD). H. Kramer & J.Springer
* Why is it that women are chiefly addicted to evil superstitions? H. Kramer & J.Springer
* The Mould for Medieval Women by Margaret Labarge
* Priestesses in the Church by C.S.Lewis
* Commentary on 1 Cor 14,34-35 By Cornelius Lapide
* Commentary on 1 Timothy 2,12-14. By Cornelius Lapide
* Recalling Li Tim-Oi in Hong Kong
* The Virgin Mary and the Feminist Quest by Ann Loades
* Human rights in the Church: a non-right for women … by Marie-Thérèse Van Lunen Chenu
* The Modern Theology of Tradition by J P. Mackey
* The Ordination of Women in the Early Middle Ages by G. Macy
* The Impact of Humanae Vitae by John Mahoney. 1981-82
* Women are incapable of ordination by S.Mani 1905
* Is the Pope Catholic? A Woman Confronts her Church” by Joannna Manning (Review only).
* The Catholic Church in the Next Millennium by Joanna Manning
* The Ordination Of Women – A Living Tradition by D. McEwan
* Dr. Dorothea McEwan. Selected bibliography 1966-2001
* Richard of Middleton C13th … against the ordination of women
* Richard of Middleton C13th analysis of his arguments
* The Inferior Mix by Annie Lally Milhaven
* Women Priests. Radical Change or More of the Same? H.Moon
* Feminist Theological Interpretation of the New Testament. By Robert Morgan
* Early Women Leaders: from Heads of House Churches to Presbyters by NCR Staff
* Divine Power Made Perfect in Weakness: St.Hildegard. by Barbara Newman.
* The Defective Male: What Aquinas Really Said…….. By M.Nolan
* Women, Ordination, and Angels by Michael Novak
* Overview of post-medieval theologians writing about women.
* Overview of Medieval Theologians Writing about Women
* A ‘Summa’ on Church law, dated 1114-1148 AD. by Paucapalea
* … biology and the Christian Fathers on the nature of woman by Kim Power
* The Rehabilitation of Eve by Kim Power
* Kim E. Power. C.V.
* How does ancient Greek medicine impact the church today? questionsfromaewe.blogspot.co.uk
* Paul and Sexual Identity: 1 Corinthians 11.2-16 by T. Radcliffe
* Bibliography of Dr. Ida Raming
* Mary – Prophet and Priest.
A forgotten, suppressed truth.Could she open the door to women’s ordination? by Ida Raming.
* The far too long story of discrimination against women because of their sex by Ida Raming.
* Male discourse about God in the liturgy – its effects on women by Ida Raming.
* A definitive “No” to the ordination of women? by Ida Raming
* The diaconate – a ministry for women in the Church by Ida Raming.
* “The twelve apostles were men – -” by Ida Raming
* ‘Equal but other’ and the ordination of women by Ida Raming
* Ignored opportunities for women in canon law by Ida Raming
* Review of Priesteramt der Frau Geschenk für … by Ida Raming
* Priesteramt der Frau – Geschenk Gottes für eine erneuerte Kirche by Ida Raming.
* The far too long story of discrimination against women … by Ida Raming.
* A complete Manual of Canon Law (1896) by Oswald J. Reichel
* The Legitimation of the Abuse of Women in Christianity, by Mary-Ann Rossi
* The Passion of Perpetua, Everywoman of Late Antiquity by Mary-Ann Rossi
* Mary Ann Rossi – biography
* Christology and Feminism: Can a Male Saviour Save Women?. By Rosemary Ruether Radford
* Rufinus 1157, ‘Summa Decretorum’, on Deaconesses
* Priesthood for Women by Johanna Schiessl
* Ministry in the 1st and 2nd Christian Millennia, by E.Schillebeeckx
* Freedom For a new Understanding of the Gospel by M. Schoof
* Ordination of Women Priests by Jonathan Schumann
* John Duns Scotus 1266-1308. Why women cannot be ordained …
* John Duns Scotus 1266-1308. -on women and orders
* Ascetic Autonomy? New Perspectives on Single Women… by Turid Karlsen Seim
* Sicardus of Cremona, Summa Canonum 1179 – 1181
* Systematic Christology: Jesus Christ, the Absolute Mediator … by Jon Sobrino
* The Standard Argument against Women Priests, 1956, F. Sola
* The desert mothers and spiritual maternity by Josep M.Soler
* After Eve. Women: Theology and the Christian Tradition. Intro. Ed. Janet Soskice
* A saint in favour of women priests by Edith Stein (trans)
* Freeing the Feminine by E. & G.Strachan. Contents and preface
* The problem from Freeing the Feminine. Ch1. by E.& G.Strachan.
* In the beginning . . . Ch.2. by Elspeth and Gordon Strachan
* Yahweh and the Queen of Heaven from Freeing the Feminine. Ch.3. by E.& G.Strachan.
* The marriage of heaven and earth. Ch.4. by E.& G. Strachan
* The battered bride. Ch5. by Elspeth and Gordon Strachan
* The devil’s gateway from Freeing the Feminine. Ch.6. by E.& G. Strachan.
* Archaic fears from Freeing the Feminine. ch.7. by E.& G. Strachan
* Freeing the Feminine.Ch.8. by Elspeth and Gordon Strachan
* Richard Hooker and the Ordination of Women to the Priesthood by Stephen Sykes.
* Sexist Language in Theology? By George Tavard
* Johannes Teutonicus in Apparatus ad Decreta in 1215 AD
* Celebrating the Eucharist without a Priest? by Peter Trummer
* The Less Noble Sex – Women Can Be Priests by Nancy Tuana
* Catholic Women Ordained Priests – alternatives. Marcel Vincent
* Saints and Sybils: Hildegard of Bingen to Teresa of Avila. By Benedicta Ward
* Ministry, Muddle and Mystery by Clare Watkins
* Human Rights and Women’s Ordination by J.Wijngaards
* Nuptial Imagery and the Sacramental Priesthood. By John Wijngaards
* Not man enough to represent the ‘groom’? By John Wijngaards
* Women already act as ‘other Christs’ by John Wijngaards
* At the Eucharist the priest acts not only “in the person of Christ”….by John Wijngaards
* Jesus Christ and the Authority of his Priests by John Wijngaards
* A Woman too can act in persona Christi because …by John Wijngaards
* A woman represents Christ better in his feminine traits …by John Wijngaards
* Can Women Represent Christ at the Eucharist? By J. Wijngaards
* Women too bear Christ’s image as adopted children of God. By John Wijngaards
* A woman, as much as any man, can represent Christ’s love … By John Wijngaards
* Don’t cage the sacred, by John Wijngaards
* What you need to know about the Sacrament of Ordination by John Wijngaards
* Women deacons in the Orthodox Church by Kiriaki Karidoyanes FitzGerald. Book review by John Wijngaards
* Bishop Williamson’s Letters
* Girls at University by Bishop Williamson
* The Sacramentality of Episcopal Consecration by Susan Wood
* Patristic elements towards a theol. anthropology of woman … by Constantinos Yokarinis