Books reviewed on this website
We welcome books for review if they are related to the issues discussed on this web site! Write to me!
- Priesteramt der Frau - Geschenk Gottes für eine erneuerte Kirche, by Ida Raming (review in English)
- Holy Saturday: An Argument for the Restoration of the Female Diaconate in the Catholic Church, by Phyllis Zagano
- Zur Priesterin Berufen, by Ida Raming, Gertrud Jansen, Iris Müller und Mechtilde Neuendorff
- Women in Ministry. Biblical & Historical Perspectives, by Nancy Vyhmeister (ed.)
- No Way Out? Pastoral Care of the Divorced and Remarried, by Bernard Haering, 1990
- The Catholic Woman, by Jeanne Pieper, 1993.
- Women of the Gospels by Mary Ellen Ashcroft, 1997.
- When Women Were Priests: Womens Leadership in the Early Church and the Scandal of their Subordination in the Rise of Christianityby Karen Jo Torjesen, 1993.
- Priscilla's Letter. Finding the Author of the Epistle to the Hebrews, by Ruth Hoppin, 1997.
- Orthodox Women Speak. Discerning the Signs of the Times, edited by Kyriaki Karidoyanes Fitzgerald, 1997.
- Women deacons in the Orthodox Church, by Kiriaki Karidoyanes FitzGerald, 1998.
- Let her Keep It! Jesus´ ordination of Mary of Bethany, by Thomas Butler, 1998.
- The Goddess in the Gospel. by Margaret Starbird, 1998.
- In Good Company by Leslie Orr Macdonald, 1999.
- Women Deacons, by Dorothea Reininger, 1999.
- Is the Pope Catholic? A Woman Confronts her Church, by Joanna Manning, 1999.
- The Inquisition, by Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh, 1999
- The Reform of the Papacy : The Costly Call to Christian Unity by John R.Quinn. 1999.
- When Women Become Priests by Kelley A Raab, 2000.
- Making Liturgy. Creating Rituals for Worship and Life, by Dorothea McEwan, Pat Pinsent, Ianthe Pratt and Veronica Seddon, 2001.
- Authority in the Roman Catholic Church. Theory and Practice, ed. Bernard Hoose, 2002.
- No Women in Holy Orders? The Women Deacons of the Early Church, by John Wijngaards, 2003. (Review in French by Suzanne Tunc.)
- Good Catholic Girls, How Women are Leading the Fight to Challenge the Church by Angela Bonavoglia, 2005
- Webster's Timeline History (40-2007), by Professor Philip M. Parker, 2009.
- A Theology of Women's Priesthood , by Ali Green 2010.
See also: Reviews of The Ordination of Women in the Catholic Church by John Wijngaards, 2001.
This website is maintained by the Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research.
The Institute is known for issuing academic reports and statements on relevant issues in the Church. These have included scholars' declarations on the need of collegiality in the exercise of church authority, on the ethics of using contraceptives in marriage and the urgency of re-instating the sacramental diaconate of women.
You are welcome to use our material. However: maintaining this site costs money. We are a Charity and work mainly with volunteers, but we find it difficult to pay our overheads.
Visitors to our website since January 2017.
Pop-up names are online now.
The number is indicative, but incomplete. For full details click on cross icon at bottom right.