Books reviewed on this website
Books reviewed on this
We welcome books for review if they are related to the
issues discussed on this web site! Write to me!
- Priesteramt der Frau - Geschenk
Gottes für eine erneuerte Kirche, by Ida Raming (review in
- Holy Saturday: An Argument for the
Restoration of the Female Diaconate in the Catholic Church, by Phyllis
- Zur Priesterin Berufen, by
Ida Raming, Gertrud Jansen, Iris Müller und Mechtilde Neuendorff
- Women in Ministry. Biblical &
Historical Perspectives, by Nancy Vyhmeister (ed.)
- The Catholic Woman, by Jeanne
- Women of the Gospels by
Mary Ellen Ashcroft, 1997.
- When Women Were Priests:
Womens Leadership in the Early Church and the Scandal of their
Subordination in the Rise of Christianityby Karen Jo Torjesen,
- Priscilla's Letter. Finding the
Author of the Epistle to the Hebrews, by Ruth Hoppin, 1997.
- Orthodox Women Speak. Discerning
the Signs of the Times, edited by Kyriaki Karidoyanes
- Women deacons in the Orthodox
Church, by Kiriaki Karidoyanes FitzGerald, 1998.
- Let her Keep It! Jesus´
ordination of Mary of Bethany, by Thomas Butler, 1998.
- The Goddess in the Gospel.
by Margaret Starbird, 1998.
- In Good Company by Leslie Orr
- Women Deacons, by Dorothea
- Is the Pope Catholic? A Woman
Confronts her Church, by Joanna Manning, 1999.
- The Inquisition, by Michael
Baigent and Richard Leigh, 1999
- The Reform of the Papacy : The
Costly Call to Christian Unity by John R.Quinn. 1999.
- When Women Become Priests
by Kelley A Raab, 2000.
- Making Liturgy. Creating Rituals for
Worship and Life, by Dorothea McEwan, Pat Pinsent, Ianthe Pratt and
Veronica Seddon, 2001.
- Authority in the Roman Catholic
Church. Theory and Practice, ed. Bernard Hoose, 2002.
- Good Catholic Girls, How Women
are Leading the Fight to Challenge the Church by Angela Bonavoglia,
- Webster's Timeline History
(40-2007), by Professor Philip M. Parker, 2009.
- A Theology of Women's Priesthood
, by Ali Green 2010.
See also: Reviews of The Ordination of
Women in the Catholic Church by John Wijngaards, 2001.
Dear visitor, you are welcome to use our material. However: building up and maintaining this site costs money. We are a Charity and work mainly with volunteers, but find it difficult to pay our overheads. Please, become a Friend or support us with a donation. Please, support us in this effort and send us your suggestions.
Visit our new websites:
Join our Women Priests' Mailing List
for occasional newsletters:
An email will be immediately sent to you
requesting your confirmation.