Please, become one of our
‘Friends’ give us at least £ 5 a month (= $ 8, € 8 a month),
or £ 60 or more a year (= $ 100, € 100).
(I hope your browser reads our Euro sign = €)
By becoming a Friend, you join us in a real partnership that helps us build up an electronic Internet Library that will substantially advance the cause of the ordination of women in the Catholic Church and in other Christian Churches.
We are talking about real PARTNERSHIP and NETWORKING!
Without your financial support, some of our work will come to a halt, or will be done much less efficiently. Should we not at least ensure that the effort, the time, the expertise of our local and international volunteers are made use of to yield their maximum potential?
How do you benefit from being a Friend?
1. You share in our work as a real partner
We cannot all do the same thing. Some need to plan, to give academic advice, to research, to photocopy texts in university libraries, to coordinate the work. Others need to scan, to proofread, to edit, to transfer text into HTML format and insert internal and external links. Others again need to translate into the key languages spoken in our Church. Last not least, some provide the financial backing through which the basic costs for all this can be met.
By your regular donation you will ensure that our campaign will maintain and increase its efficiency.
2. You become a member of CIRCLES
CIRCLES is an international network of women and men dedicated to reform in the Church. It offers its members the opportunity to be involved in a non-stop, world-wide, multi-sided interaction over the internet:
- sharing valuable insights and experiences
- planning effective action on local level
- pooling available information
- linking isolated efforts into wider networks
- giving mutual support and, where needed, healing.
CIRCLES runs four forums on which discussion will be going on day and night. They cover:
- Notice Board. Here members can publish information on recent developments, upcoming events, reports.
- Sharing & Exchange. This is for sharing experiences and discussing their implications, suggesting plans, requesting cooperation for specific projects, asking any question that seems relevant. General, or one-to-one, advice will be offered here by experienced counsellors.
- Congress. Forum for intense exchange of views on select topics.
- Vocation Support. This forum is especially reserved for women called to the priestly ministry.
Each forum has a chatroom attached to it in which special-interest groups can meet at specific times of the week. The chatrooms will be open all the time, of course, so that members and guests can discuss matters “live” at times of their own choosing — or just wander in and chat!
3. We will send you our regular electronic Newsletter
Through this we update you regarding new material published on our website and about other important developments relating to women priests.
4. Last not least, you will be part of our network of prayer
From the beginning we have always been convinced that our action in the Church will only be fruitful if it is carried by prayer.
Every week, on Mondays at 12.00 noon UK time, we celebrate a team eucharist in which we reflect on Sacred Scripture, break the bread and remember our friends and contacts world wide.
How do you enrol as a Friend?
Please, pay your first instalment using our safe credit card facility.
This is a quick and easy way. Credit card donations through our site are handled by two reputable firms: SecureTrading and the NatWest Bank.
You will receive two email acknowledgements of receipt: one from SecureTrading and one from us.
This website is maintained by the Wijngaards Institute for Catholic Research.
The Institute is known for issuing academic reports and statements on relevant issues in the Church. These have included scholars’ declarations on the need of collegiality in the exercise of church authority, on the ethics of using contraceptives in marriage and the urgency of re-instating the sacramental diaconate of women.
You are welcome to use our material. However: maintaining this site costs money. We are a Charity and work mainly with volunteers, but we find it difficult to pay our overheads.
Visitors to our website since January 2014.
Pop-up names are online now.
The number is indicative, but incomplete. For full details click on cross icon at bottom right.
Join our Women Priests’ Mailing List
for occasional newsletters:An email will be immediately sent to you
requesting your confirmation.
Please, credit this document
as published by www.womenpriests.org!